An ever-growing social problem and a term known as ‘pedophiles’ prevailing in our societies. Pedophilia is a form of child sexual abuse. It is a condition which is defined as an adult who has sexual interest in children.
- Lack of conformity to religion and social norms. This deviant attitude of the society is a cause of pedophilia . Religious and social norms give us a code of life on which we can work and make our society a better place to live.
- Lack of security due to lawlessness. Corrupt government is another cause.
- Inappropriate stuff or porn easily accessible through internet which ultimately creates wanton cravings and frustrations among society.
- Sexual gratification or sexual arousal by the mere touch of a child. An inappropriate way of a sexual relationship. As children have the same tenderness in their skin as we have in women so people get immediately attracted to them.
- Exposure of the child to erotic material in the form of life behaviour (excessive nudity).
- Children in day care, children cared for by others or children who spend time alone with other people may be at risk of sexual abuse.
- People with an erotic interest in children are the mere cause of the occurrences.
- Collection of material that showcases a child in sexual poses.
- Using children to create erotic materials or for erotic acts with other adults with an intention to arouse others.
- Pedophilia is a mental disorder which when remained unchecked can cause trouble in the part of society.
- Lack of marriages and ultimately losing a chance of safe way of keeping a sexual relationship
” In a report titled “Country’s biggest child abuse scandal jolts Punjab”, local English daily The Nation claimed the discovery of 400 videos recording of more than 280 children being forced to have sex. It claimed, “Most of the victims are under 14 but include a six year old boy who was forced to perform a homosexual act and a 10 year old school girl who was filmed being molested by a 14 year old boy.”
“It has now come under notice that since 2012, Britain has been consumed by scandals about sexual predations, child sexual abuse and even possible child murder by elite politicians and entertainers dating back to the 1960s.
- Alcohol abuse
- Anxiety disorders
- Post-traumatic stress
- Poor self esteem
- Aggressive behaviour
- Suicide attempts
- Sexual difficulties
- Eating disorders
- Self-harming behaviours
- Use of illicit drugs
- Personality disorders
- Victims of child abuse or neglect are likely to commit crimes as juveniles and adults.
Preventions and Solutions:
A general know-how and lecturing the society the reasons that drive others to such behaviours.
Conformity to religious and social norms as they give us a code of life and basis of how to behave for a well-organized society
Decrease lawlessness to increase safety
Blocking of accessible erotic material on the internet and other places.
As a mental disorder, a therapist should be consulted in time by the specific person
Use of tests, medicines and sex-specific therapies that directly reduce or extinguish a sex drive directed towards children.
Children should be guaranteed special care and security till they are not capable of protecting themselves.
Marriage should be provokes among the societies to expel this social problem.
All these steps can be taught through seminars at every social level.